Marketing Your Show
We are here to help all emerging artists have their performance seen by as many people as possible. Our staff will work hard with you to get people into the theatre. Here are some of the things we can do for you:
- Feature your show on our Marquee, in our monthly events brochure, our sidewalk sandwich board AND on our website, Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- Include you in our monthly Guild ad in the Buzz
- Send in a press release and photos about your show to the Buzz and the Guardian.
- Feature your show in “This Week at The Guild” weekly e-blast to media and regular Guild patrons.
- Need help postering? We can do that for you.
- How about radio? Island Morning and Mainstreet on CBC are always willing to do a story on your show – we can help you book that.
What you can do:
- Have your promotional material to us 6 weeks before your show. The Buzz deadline is generally the 15th of the month.
- Create dynamic posters that catch the attention passers-by.
- Post an event on your Facebook – use peer-to-peer marketing
- Call the Entertainment editor of the Guardian to see if they can do a story about your show.
- Who is your target market? Make sure to poster where they already go!
- Ask us for help if you need it!